Development using Drag'n'drop (Low-code development platforms - LCDP) is also taking a share in development pipelines with test/prod environments and version control.
Some of the areas are
- Automated Business UI Process development - RPA. Automated frontend using existing UI as data transfer channel are created in this category.
- Application development - hpaPaaS. Apps, Webapps (frontends) and APIs (backends) are created in this category.
- Application APIs - mBaaS. This is backend exposing APIs to receive/produce data.
- Application integration - ESB / iPaaS. This is middleware/backend using and exposing APIs to transfer data (B2B).
In the top quadrant there are only 3 players
- Mendix - C# + Java
- OutSystems - C#
- Microsoft Azure Mobile Apps or Power Apps (+ Flow + Logic Apps) + Functions
Download the Gartner Quadrant to learn more.
According to Gartner, by 2020, at least 50 percent of all new business applications will be created with high-productivity toolsets
- MuleSoft Anypoint API Designer - Java
- CA Live API Creator
- Microsoft Azure Functions or API Apps or Mobile Services
4. ESB / iPaaS / MaaS
- Dell Boomi
- MuleSoft ESB - Java
- Microsoft Flow + Azure Logic Apps + Azure Service Bus
- Neuron ESB - C#
Some tools offers No-code development at all.
Product Hunt highlights a few of them here.
- Microsoft Flow: Multi-Step Approvals
- Microsoft Flow resources
- Microsoft Messaging